Tuesday, December 06, 2005

What I'm listening to these days.

One day, psychiatrists will peer over their bifocals as they peruse our MP3 collections, muttering "uh huh", "I see" and "interesting" under their breath, before declaring, "I'm sorry, it appears there is little I can do to help you. You need more help than even I can provide."

I'm enjoying these recent releases: Bossa N' Stones: The Electro-Bossa Songbook of the Rolling Stones, Bebel Gilberto Remixed and Times of Romance by The Lovemakers.

Decided it was time to get down and dirty with the history of Brazilian music. I found a handy page and since then have been laying down supressing fire of great Brazilian toonz.

Thanks to John (AKA GrooveMaster J), I'm also enjoying a variety of classic grooviness/cheesiness by the likes of Jenifer Jackson, the Nelsonics, McLemore Avenue, Sugar Free Allstars, Beatrice Ardisson, Amy Rigby and some, uh, "different" tracks by Fabio Frizzi, il maestro del'Italian horror film soundtracks.

No comments: