Friday, January 20, 2006

Did the Army Lie? Depleted Uranium Found in Hawaii

What's the saying? "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me?" What does that make the US population? Then again, perhaps that's not fair.

How about this?

"Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Lie to me repeatedly, fool on and on and on..?"

Hawaiians were repeatedly told by the US Army that depleted uranium and chemical weapons were never used in their state.

I suppose the DU fairy left those shells behind, then? Or maybe there's a WMD fairy?

"These recent revelations, then, indicate that the Army is either unaware of its DU (depleted uranium) and chemical weapons use or has intentionally misled the public. Both possibilities are deeply troubling,"

My new bumpersticker: "The US military - we put the F in SNAFU."

No comments: