Saturday, March 20, 2004

This is scary.

No, really.

The US Department of Homeland Security has an opening for "Director, Office of Public Affairs, Entertainment Liaison". Man, if I was American, I would probably be in the corner of a dark room, curled up in the foetal position, gently crying myself to sleep.

But I'm not American so instead I'll just be in the corner of a dark room, curled up in the foetal position, gently crying myself to sleep.

Why? Um, duh! Wake up and smell the tea-leaves Enistein! Do you happen to know anyone who ever had to live under the old Iron Curtain regimes? Go and show them that job opening and maybe this little number: "Citizens Don't Be Afraid, Be Ready"

Remember, folks: Uncle Same wants YOU to "Be Prepared, Stay Informed".

Sound familiar? No? Have a look at this. If your pulse doesn't race, if the hairs on the back of your neck don't stand up, if you don't feel a cold chill....then be thankful that you have to neither fully-comprehend such deplorable history nor experience it.

Yet.

No comments: