Wednesday, December 07, 2005

The 70s TV Show Title-Slayer

Last night, a friend and I went to the bar to finish off his bottle of Johnny Walker Red Label. We got into a nasty, nasty mano a mano free for all over 70s and 80s TV. He went to high school and university in Nebraska.

I opened up on him easy with the likes of Family Feud, Jeopardy, Taxi, Airwolf, The A Team etc... but he leaned back and really threw his weight into it, trying to deck me with something like Hawaii Five-O. I parried his blows and delivered a few heavy shots of The Brady Bunch, Get Smart, My Favorite Martian, Welcome Back Kotter and H.R. Pufnstuff.

He sucker-punched me with Kojak but I was still able to get up and throw Cannon and Barney Miller at him. Finally, when I got him in a full-nelson with Land of the Lost, he cried "no mas! no mas!"

Man, oh man is he lucky I didn't have to pull out my trusty Equalizer: Battlestar Galactica and Miami Vice!

I still think his ignorance about HR Puff 'n' Stuff is the only thing that kept him going.

BTW, whilst looking up links for this, I stumbled over this weirdness: Adrienne Clarkson Presents: A Tribute to Peppiatt & Aylesworth: Canada's First Television Comedy Team. Moron Adrienne Clarkson.

No comments: